World Class Results From Down to Earth People
The Group, Inc. was founded in 1976 by twelve real estate professionals that wanted to create a real estate company owned equally by its sales associates and Our goal was to create a company that would attract and keep the best and brightest real estate people and create an environment where we could work together as a team to provide value to our customers.
Today, The Group, Inc. consists of over 200 owners located in five offices throughout Northern Colorado.
Download full Fact Sheet
The Group Inc. Facts
- Internet Address: www.thegroupinc.com
- Founded in 1976
- Nature of Business: Residential and Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Services
- Slogan The Group, Inc: Leaders in Real Estate
- Philosophy: The greater the correlation between the goals of the individual and the goals of the organization, the greater the success.
- Unique Factor:
Sales Associates and Employees own the firm:
1976 - 11 owners
2014 – 200 owners
- Sales Growth:
1976 - $ 8,000,000
2014 - $1,436,717,158
- Everitt Center for Real Estate at Colorado State University
- Arts Alive!
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado, Inc.
- Poudre Valley Hospital Foundation
- CSU College of Business
- Larimer County Partners
- United Ways of Larimer and Weld Counties
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Respite Care, Inc.
- Sculpture in the Park
- CSU Athletic Department
- Christmas on Wheels
- Alzheimer's Association
- Project Self Sufficiency
- Promises For Children
- Greeley Symphony Orchestra
- Greeley Stampede
- American Cancer Society Relay For Life
- Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra
- Arts Alive
- High Plains Arts Council Sculpture in the Park
- University of Northern Colorado - Monfort College of Business
- Catholic Charities Northern
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Larimer and Weld Counties
- American Red Cross
- Hospice of Larimer County
- Lydia Dody Breast Cancer Foundation
- Colorado State University Athletic Department.
- Tom Peters Event: Lincoln Center (won "Colorado Event of the Year" - American Marketing Association)
- Dr. Arlene Blum: Climbing Your Own Everests
- Dr. Willard Daggat: Excellence in Education
- Dr. Edwin Freidman: Leadership for the 90's
- Doug Krug and Ed Oakley: Enlightened Leadership
- Jim Collins - Good to Great
- Marcus Buckingham: First, Break All The Rules
- John Goddard – World Adventurer and Goal Setter
- Northern Colorado’s leading real estate firm in dollar volume since 1976
- Best Large Company, Loveland Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Involved in 42% of all real estate sold in Northern Colorado in 2014
- Nationally ranked by transaction sides each year, RIS Media Power Broker Report
- Among top 125 Companies nationally ranked for sales production every year since 1991, RealTrends
- Top CARHOF Contributor for Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®
- 2013 and 2014 Website Quality Certification for meeting Leading Real Estate Companies of the World’s rigorous standards of website excellence
- Corporate Citizen of the Year in 2004, Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Most productive company in the United States measured by transactions per associate in 2004 by REALTOR® magazine
- Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics Recipient - 2004, Mountain States Better Business Bureau
- 100 Best Businesses - Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
- Most productive company in the United States based on sales volume per sales associate and number of transaction sides closed per sales associate in 2001 - Realtor Magazine
- #1 Independent real estate firm in the United States in productivity per person for 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 - RealTrends, Dallas
- Ranked in the top 100 Big Brokers Report published by RealTrends every year since 1991 and National Relocation and Real Estate Magazine every year since 1999
- One of the six most innovative real estate companies in the United States - 1993 - Hobbs and Herder Marketing, Los Angeles
- Best logo design - Colorado and Wyoming - 1991 Marketing and Advertising Council Award
- The Group, Inc. Real Estate Source named the best classified advertising in Colorado - 1993 - 1995 Colorado Press Association
- Entrepreneur of the Year - 1994, Fort Collins, Inc.
- Nationally ranked in transaction sides in 2011- 102nd by RealTrends; 105th by RIS Media Power Broker Report.
- Colorado Business and the Arts Award - Finalist for raising over $40,000 for the Fort Collins Symphony through three "Symphony of Homes" shows
- United Way Pacesetter Award - only company to be given this award 4 times
- United Way Leadership Award, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 – earned for raising over $76,000 in internal campaign in 2000, over $108,000 in 2001, $255,000 in 2002, $350,000 in 2003, $354,000 in 2004, $315,000 in 2005, $250,000 in 2006, $305,000 in 2007, $254,389 in 2008, $222,500 in 2009, $215,000 in 2010, $215,000 in 2011.
- Award full-tuition scholarships each year to students in the Colorado State University College of Business
- $100,000 Gift to Everitt Center for Real Estate at Colorado State University in 2005